Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Seaside... for real this time

Ok, when I made the "Sunday Spent Seaside" post I was not aware that we'd actually be going to a town called Seaside. So, sorry if you are really confused right now and are questioning everything you know about the Universe--I know the feeling.
The morning started off with (What else?) A selfie with some deer
Then on to Seaside Oregon! I love it there.
It's super touristy and had a carousel inside this mini mall thing. Brenda rode a pig and I'm so behind on blogging that I don't remember what I was riding (best bet is that it was a horse). 
This is probably my favorite thing I've eaten so far on the trip. Asiago bagel with turkey, brie, bacon, and cranberry jam. THANKSGIVING on a BAGEL. Thank you food gods for this marvelous creation. And thank you to Seaside Bagels for selling it. We got very lost trying to find this place and we finally figured out that it was a block from where we had parked. I'm getting really hungry looking at the picture of that bagel, are you?

Indian Beach

I was pretty fixated with getting a picture of this little waterfall


Haystack Rock from a view point a little bit South
Because what else would you do in front of this sign?
Whaaa????? I didn't even know this was a thing!


Interesting to see how many people touch my cheese in the production process. (At least 6)
Cheese sampling bar. Yeah. We enjoyed the "Squeaky Cheese" curds so much we bought a bag for the road
And of course ate ice cream too
We set up camp at Cape Lookout for the night. This is how we "rough it"

If you read Brenda's Blog you can see how I got this selfie angle
It's pretty advanced and I wouldn't want any of you to harm yourselves. Use caution.
A gorgeous sunset right across the trail from our tent
I was really excited when I saw two parachutes coming to land on the beach during the awesome sunset so I booked it down the beach for a quarter mile in hopes that I could get a picture of them with the sun in the background. I got this far and realized that they were kites... then felt pretty silly.
Our "campfire food" Some fancy oregano olive oil paired with a blackberry balsamic vinegar from the Olive Oil and Vinegar Bar in Cannon Beach, salami, asiago dill cheese, and sourdough from the cheese factory. On a silver platter of course. (We got it at the dollar store for occasions like this) I've gotta say, so far Oregon has been the best tasting state...






1 comment: