Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sleepless in Seattle

Saturday morning we were up and at 'em very very early. We left our hotel and hit up Haggens' for some road snacks and Starbucks. Haggens' has my favorite brand of chips. I love Haggens'. We got into town quite early and Pike Place had only about 3 vendors that were even open yet. So we wandered and took pictures.

Since the market wasn't quite awake yet, we thought we'd head over to the Space Needle to see if we felt like going to the top (Spoiler alert, we didn't. I'm sure the view is lovely though)
 Right next the Space Needle though is the EMP Museum. There was a banner with a Storm Trooper on it and upon further investigation we found that they had a whole Star Wars costume exhibit! Obviously we had to go. The museum was not open yet either, so to kill the hour and a half we asked Siri for some breakfast recommendations.
She did not disappoint! A mile from the museum is Citizen Cafe and Bar. They have crepes, 
^this one had turkey, apple smoked bacon, brie, and raspberry jam. Brenda had some loaf thing that looked healthy, she seemed to enjoy it...

EMP is an awesome museum! If you have a single nerdy bone in your body I would recommend a visit. 

^Favorite costume from all the movies
There was also a "We are 12" section that we had to take pictures in for our Seahawk fans back home :)
I should have played football!
Upstairs is the Sound Lab. I could best describe it as fancy/ high tech Guitar Hero. The strings on the instruments light up where you need to fret and pluck and the screen also walks you through and shows you the rhythm. I played Louie Louie! 
They also had dress up with this giant Thrift Shop backdrop. I was a fan.
This is the only picture I took when we went back to Pike Place after the museum. It was in full swing with it's Saturday afternoon crowd. A fast moving Italian guy cut right in front of me while walking around and turned with his fist up ready to give me the finger, but then I guess decided against it.... Good choice, sir. We bought some preserves from this guy (Sorry for the picture, dude) and then found a little Italian deli/grocer and got the house made hummus and salmon spread to take on the road with us.
A few towns over we found an empty parking lot and had a hood picnic with our bread from Bellingham and our spreads. It was actually pretty lovely ( I dripped hummus on the car, shhhh) We found a Target nearby and bought our tent 
We didn't time ourselves on the setup, but we can break camp in 13 minutes and have wheels rolling in 15. (Which is pretty impressive, I'd say and we'll only get faster) Our next meal was out of the back end of the car. Salami from the same Italian deli and the ends of various other food bits. 
I love this picture because anyone that knows Brenda knows about her dirty finger issues. Seeing her eat Cheetos without chopsticks was a once in a lifetime thing. You are welcome, world, for immortalizing this moment in photo.

The night was spent pretty restlessly for me, our sleep padding wasn't quite up to par yet (a very thin Thermarest for me and two pillows for Brenda) So I didn't mind getting up at 5:30 am and packing up because the car was far more comfortable! 



No comments:

Post a Comment