Friday, May 1, 2015

California Conglomeration



We drove forever trying to find breakfast today. Finally! We came upon the Timber Cove Inn. It was fancy. But in the "We are organic and natural (but we won't shove that down your throat) and super cool" sort of way. I had pancakes (that were probably half butter?) that were delicious. And that coffee? A white mocha, that white stripe at the bottom is liquid white chocolate. While we were eating Brenda was going through all the things she forgot that morning like face cream and mascara.... So I said "You're a wreck!" To which she replied "Ugh, I know, how did you let me walk out of the tent like this?"
Then we were laughing very loudly in this nice quiet restaraunt... Sorry. 
When we arrived you couldn't see past the cliff's edge. While we were eating the sun came up, burned off the morning sea mist and revealed a long stretch of ocean all the way out to the horizon. It was kinda magical.
Was anyone aware of how gigantic vineyards are? I was not. Welcome to wine country.

We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I didn't take any pictures, the whole place had a vibe I wasn't a fan of. Mostly a "Humans suck! Stop all the bad things you are doing to help these fish!" kinda message. Brenda has pictures of the aquarium. I did get to touch a sting ray though... So that was nasty...

We got pinkberry after though, that was fun. Pomegranate fro-yo!

We spent a lot of time driving this day. And the campground we had planned on staying at was fully booked. So we tried another one. And another one. And got lost for a bit and very stressed. It was getting really late and dark so we decided on a hotel for the night. I booked us a room on my phone from the car and got an amazing deal! On this room...
Can you see Brenda over there?? Holy-big-room-batman! There was a kitchenette around the corner, the bathroom was huge, Captain America was on tv, we had a patio with a view of the pool and there was a C shaped lamp.
After the very long day of driving that we'd had (and a few nights of tent camping in a row) it was amazing to walk into such a nice room

And if any of you are like "Wait, I thought California was last..." Well look at you! Paying attention and all... Well the car needed some work and we have a Kia connection in Arizona so--- The road trip plan is now going to happen in reverse order! So for that to happen we had to go through California
And what's in California?
My boy :)
Chris is currently in Air Force technical school in California so we stopped by for the weekend so I could visit with him. Brenda went off on her own adventures. Chris and I walked.
A lot.
But it was awesome to see him (two months earlier than we'd been expecting!) Sunday evening Brenda and I headed south some more to.... Disneyland!!




1 comment: