Friday, June 12, 2015

Experimentation

I am aware that I've fallen behind on the blogging (oops!) The process of getting all of my pictures into one place is a lot of work so that's my excuse... But I've been inspired by an article I found on Facebook-- http://seanchaidh101.tumblr.com/post/120772534048/onethingconstant-songbirde108
To summarize- usually, when walking through a public place men will assume that you will move "out of their way" and in our travels my mom and I have come across many people (men and women) that will walk right up in front of us when we don't jump right out of their path. 
So being the stubborn person that I am- I wanted to give it a try. Shoulders back, chin up, and stare straight ahead. 
And the Red Sea will part. 
It was fun playing with the balance of *pissed off* and *slightly angry* facial expression. If you go too angry with it people will do double takes. We were in New York City so there were plenty of "victims" to play with. Maybe it was s bit of a power trip.... It was a power trip... But being just a small town girl livin' in a lonely world (wait, what?) anyway- having men in suits part before you is a pretty cool feeling. 
Brenda tried it and after her first victory she cheered... "Mom, stop! You're ruining it!"
New York was pretty cool. It seems like around every corner was another famous landmark. We saw Mamma Mia on Broadway and LOVED it! The scene with the bachelor party-goers in the flippers is my favorite and it's even better live. Times Square is chaotic, overwhelming, and a bit magical all at the same time. We stayed in the garment district and our window had a view into a couple different workshops. 5th avenue had great people watching and just touching all of the clothes was a fun experience. 

2 comments:

  1. At least you are adding. thanks for the second perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start walking everywhere like this. Walk like a boss, be a boss.

    ReplyDelete